Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That's right, I said it.

I never thought I would actually use this with my students but seeing the reaction and results I got, I just may say it again!  

I demonstrated how to do a stationary leap and land on the ground today as I was teaching pep squad their competition jazz dance.  Some of the girls were being SO lazy and would jump about 2 centimeters off the ground and just crouch down instead of actually going to the floor.  Ugh.  I was so irritated that I turned around and said, "Excuse me.  I just did it full out and I'm pregnant.  If I can do it I'm pretty sure you can do it too."  

It worked!  No more lazy freshmen.

2 comments:

Chef Mama Lori said...

Good for you! That's parenting training, you know! grin! I remember having a pregnant substitute teacher in high school once on Friday---pep rally day. She decided to skip the pep rally & told us her hubby had said, "You're already knocked up. You don't need to get knocked around!" I don't suggest using this one in class!

P.S. Be careful jumping with Bean inside! Does this make him/her a "Jumping Bean?"

Becky Kiser said...

you're all woman! way to go!