Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Little Dancing Bean

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, things have been pretty uneventful as far as the pregnancy goes lately so I really haven't had anything to blog about.  I am 16 weeks now so the morning sickness and the majority of the fatigue have gone away.  To be honest, most days I forget that I'm pregnant!  My baby bump is growing to the point that I can't wear my old pants normally (without the rubber band holding them together that is) but when I tried to wear maternity pants they kept slipping down which wasn't very attractive.  Luckily I wear dance pants and t-shirts everyday to work so I don't have to worry about my wardrobe too much but I have no clue what I'm going to be able to wear to church tomorrow.  

Our 3rd doctor's appointment was yesterday, Friday, but it was fairly uneventful as well.  Dr. Shows had to go deliver a baby unexpectedly so I saw the nurse practitioner instead who was really helpful and really nice.  I do have to say that it is very reassuring and comforting to hear Bean is still in there and doing well.  Actually, Bean seemed to be throwing a party in my stomach the way he was moving around in there.  My mom said Bean was dancing because that's what he/she is used to doing during that time of day.  It's crazy to think Bean is moving around so much but I can't feel it at all.  They say I should be able to feel it more in a couple of weeks which I think will help make it all more real.  Oh, and I actually lost a pound!  I've been craving fruit, yogurt and almond butter lately so, even though my stomach has been growing, other areas have been shrinking.  I'm sure that's the last visit that will ever happen, but I'm enjoying it for now!

The most exciting part of the appointment came at the very end when we scheduled our sonogram for February 25th.  I can't wait to call Bean by his or her name and start to really plan for the baby's arrival.  Our house will be ready about that same time so we'll already have the possible paint colors picked out so that as soon as we find out the gender we can call Jeff and get the nursery painted before we move in.  I have a feeling that the days and weeks between now and February 25th will move so slowly!  This is the appointment we have been excited about since we first saw those 2 little lines.  

I can't help but feel so blessed right now as I think about all that God is doing in my life and all of the people He has surrounded us with that not only love Nils and I but that already love Bean as well.  It's so comforting to know that Nils and I are not in this alone but that our amazing family and friends want to be involved in Bean's life as much as possible.  We'll keep everyone updated as things progress and you better believe there will be a GIANT post on February 25th after the sonogram.  

2 comments:

Chef Mama Lori said...

How exciting to know that Bean is dancing! It will be so much fun finding out if Bean is a Beannette or a Bean-O!

With Bethany, I didn't feel her move for the longest time. When I finally did, it was like gas bubbles. With Natalie, I felt her move VERY early. Yes, she was hyper even in utero!

Becky Kiser said...

I CANNOT WAIT TILL THEN!!!!!