Friday, January 2, 2009

Rubber bands are annoying, time for the maternity pants

Lately I've been using the rubber band through the button hole trick to get some extra life out of my pants but that is getting really old really fast.  I'm so paranoid that my shirt is going to come up or my zipper is going to come all the way down that I'm constantly checking that area which can't be attractive either.  Also at this point I'm just looking super fat instead of cute pregnant so if my shirt did come up people would think that I just had too much Christmas dinner, yuck!

I tried on maternity pants at Target with no success.  They fit but they just weren't cute, so if you know of another place that has a better variety of brands and styles I would really appreciate your suggestions.  I may just have to suck it up and spend some money on a good pair of jeans and black pants, sorry Nils!  I did find a cute, long cardigan/sweater thing to wear to the Melting Pot tonight that will hopefully cover things well.  I'm just ready to really pop and become obviously pregnant and with my short torso hopefully that will happen soon! 

3 comments:

Chef Mama Lori said...

Well, this aunt can't find the pair of jeans I have tucked away for you somewhere. It's been 10 years, but I can tell you that they carried long jeans in maternity sizes at Penney's back then. If you can't find anything too cute we can get some patterns & make you some cute stuff! Remember, while YOU don't feel cute during pregnancy, everyone else is just thrilled with how cute you look pregnant! It's one of life's great mysteries, I'm sure!

Hey, you can do what your mother-in-law did while pregnant with Nils. She wore these huge overalls all the time. Maybe that explains a lot about Nils & fashion! Bwahahahaha!

Texas Bucks said...

Hey Katie! Have you tried Motherhood Maternity? They have a few different styles, so you might be able to find one that you like. It's so awkward until you get the big bump, but don't worry. . . it'll be here before you know it! :)
Oh, have you tried belly bands yet? They come in black and in white and they are basically like a tube top for your waist. You can unbutton your pants and even unzip them a little bit and then slide the belly band over so it smooths out the bumps and it just looks like you're wearing an undershirt if your shirt happens to come up. I loved them and they really extend the life of your normal clothes during the pregnancy! :) They have them at Motherhood too.
Take care,
Ashley :)

The Moores said...

I totally rememvber being where you are & my big clothing advice is to buy the maternity pants that have the soft stretchy band that practically come up to your bra. They will last you throughout pregnancy where the lowe rise ones will get too tight. Also Ann Taylor Loft & Old Navy carry maternity stuff that is pretty cute. Another word of warning though, try stuff on before ordering online, everyone's sizes are different. You'll be a medium somewhere & a large somewhere else. Good luck!